Today, I’ve been wondering why…
Please don’t judge by what you read. I will disclose that I’m not a great housekeeper. There always seems to be something more interesting to do, but I do strive to maintain a level of hygiene that encourages basic good health.
Not sure if there are ten, but here goes.
- I wonder if the guy at the grocery store is a jerk, or merely unobservant, when he commented to his wife, “Who would buy this cheap, crappy toilet paper?”, right after I put said toilet paper in my cart.
- I wonder if I was being judgmental at the thrift store when I saw a guy grab a whole armful of free bread from the “help yourself” cart in front of the food bank entrance. Oh yea, did I mention that he went out to the parking lot and climbed into a two-seater 2014 Jaguar? Maybe he really did need that bread more than any one else there.
- I wonder if being excited because there was a package of Naan (my son’s favorite bread) in the above referenced cart means I am making progress on living a simpler life. It seems to be such a small thing to be excited about, but it just about made my day.
- I wonder how in the world did I fill the canister on my vacuum cleaner while cleaning my bedroom? The whole canister? I have three dogs – that must be it. I’m positive I vacuumed in there just last week.
- I wonder how I used to spend so much at the grocery store. I spend about a third of what I used to and we’re doing just fine.
- I wonder if I could do an art journal page a day and publicly commit to post my efforts each day (even if I didn’t like them or think they were any good). Just wondering; not an actual commitment!
- I wonder what my old dog is thinking when she sits in front of a wall and barks her big ole whooping Basset bark – going on 10 whole minutes now – I’m watching the clock as I type. (see #3 from yesterday’s post)
- I wonder how the sink can still be full of dirty dishes when I just started the dishwasher and we weren’t even here most of the day. (see #4 from yesterday’s post)
- I wonder how long I can ignore the glitter spilled all over my studio desk and magically spreading, as glitter tends to do, all over the rest of the house. (see #1 from yesterday’s post & #4 above)
- I wonder how long I can justify sitting here trying to think up #10 before I need to get up and actually do something that needs doing.
Here’s to you having a day full of wonderment also!
Visual artist playing with collage, assemblage and whatever else I imagine. Homemaker and homeschooling Mom of four children aged 10 to 24. Ready to fully embrace life and leave regret and fear behind. Each new day is an opportunity to love, create and live with intention...