This is a companion piece, of sorts, to yesterday’s post, Things I Learned…
Today, I’ve been wondering why…
Please don’t judge by what you read. I will disclose that I’m not a great housekeeper. There always seems to be something more interesting to do, but I do strive to maintain a level of hygiene that encourages basic good health.
Not sure if there are ten, but here goes.
- I wonder if the guy at the grocery store is a jerk, or merely unobservant, when he commented to his wife, “Who would buy this cheap, crappy toilet paper?”, right after I put said toilet paper in my cart.
- I wonder if I was being judgmental at the thrift store when I saw a guy grab a whole armful of free bread from the “help yourself” cart in front of the food bank entrance. Oh yea, did I mention that he went out to the parking lot and climbed into a two-seater 2014 Jaguar? Maybe he really did need that bread more than any one else there.
- I wonder if being excited because there was a package of Naan (my son’s favorite bread) in the above referenced cart means I am making progress on living a simpler life. It seems to be such a small thing to be excited about, but it just about made my day.
- I wonder how in the world did I fill the canister on my vacuum cleaner while cleaning my bedroom? The whole canister? I have three dogs – that must be it. I’m positive I vacuumed in there just last week.
- I wonder how I used to spend so much at the grocery store. I spend about a third of what I used to and we’re doing just fine.
- I wonder if I could do an art journal page a day and publicly commit to post my efforts each day (even if I didn’t like them or think they were any good). Just wondering; not an actual commitment!
- I wonder what my old dog is thinking when she sits in front of a wall and barks her big ole whooping Basset bark – going on 10 whole minutes now – I’m watching the clock as I type. (see #3 from yesterday’s post)
- I wonder how the sink can still be full of dirty dishes when I just started the dishwasher and we weren’t even here most of the day. (see #4 from yesterday’s post)
- I wonder how long I can ignore the glitter spilled all over my studio desk and magically spreading, as glitter tends to do, all over the rest of the house. (see #1 from yesterday’s post & #4 above)
- I wonder how long I can justify sitting here trying to think up #10 before I need to get up and actually do something that needs doing.
Here’s to you having a day full of wonderment also!
2 thoughts on “I wonder.”
Thank you! I’m heading over to look at your site right now.
GREAT BLOG. I love reading reading it. I’m just new a new blogger.
I hope you can visit my site 🙂 http://yolomoments12.wordpress.com/