Or yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Different words, but same sentiment.
Perhaps a nuance of difference.
As a world, we spend a lot of time arguing about terminology, meaning, and other rhetoric.
And (in my opinion) not enough thought or discussion about intent, but all this is a rabbit trail off topic…
Much like my meandering passage through life lately.
For instance, three trips to the laundry room this morning in search of clean underwear so that I could venture out into the real world.
The first time, I forgot why I went down there, but did start a load of laundry.
The second time, I still forgot to forage for clean underwear, but emptied the trash.
The third time, I remembered the point of my visit, but (alas) there was no clean underwear to be found.
Eureka! A separate search for something else that was lost yielded a pair in a stack of clean laundry that I forgot to put up and buried under a pile of other stuff that I need to put up.
I don’t remember what I was searching for when I found the needed undies.
Maybe it wasn’t important (she said hopefully).
And then we were late leaving the house.
But managed to get where we needed to go on time.
Life is good.
Some days clean underwear and a successfully completed journey is good enough.
Which still has nothing to do with the title I initially typed into the heading of this post.
And I am out of time.
On the bright side:
- I have written here today
- I have a topic ready for tomorrow
- If you follow this blog, you can now wait in breathless anticipation for what is to come (or not)
And as a separate set of “little dotty things” that I can’t remember the name of…I have helped you recognize that life is good if any of the following apply to you
- You didn’t have to search for clean underwear because they are folded neatly in the drawer where they are supposed to be
- You didn’t have to go out into the real world today (after worrying that you might have to do so without underwear)
- There isn’t something lost that you need to look for but you can’t because you don’t even remember what it is that you are supposed to be looking for
- You can remember the name of these “little dotty things” and you aren’t even an English major like I am
- Oh, and you don’t have a Basset hound that is totally and remarkable NOT housebroken and pees continually and non-stop all day and all night without ceasing (this is, once again, off topic, but I really, really needed to vent my frustration)
If any of the above makes you appreciate the goodness of life…
you are most welcome.