“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” Vincent van Gogh
Friday. Lots of small things accomplished today:
- I cleared my desk of all the accumulated stuff. The kind of stuff that was upsetting every time I passed by it: paper, notes, bills, a soda cup – you know what I’m talking about. I came across the above quote scribbled on a piece of paper in the process. Coincidence?
- I organized the financial stuff, updated our budget, paid the bills I could, and created a master log of our debts and pay-off goals.
- I enrolled in the health challenge offered by my husband’s employer. We’ll save money on our insurance premium. Win!
- I walked for 30 minutes.
- I sent my oldest daughter back to college without breaking down in tears (much). It doesn’t get easier with time or age.
- I decluttered for 15 minutes. Maybe more if you include the desk.
- I made art! I’ve now completed 29 cards for the 52 ATC swap due in September.
Small things to be sure, but all are steps towards the life I envision my me and my family. It’s also a lot more fun to list the things I did rather than the things that are still waiting to be done.