“Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” Vincent van Gogh
Friday. Lots of small things accomplished today:
- I cleared my desk of all the accumulated stuff. The kind of stuff that was upsetting every time I passed by it: paper, notes, bills, a soda cup – you know what I’m talking about. I came across the above quote scribbled on a piece of paper in the process. Coincidence?
- I organized the financial stuff, updated our budget, paid the bills I could, and created a master log of our debts and pay-off goals.
- I enrolled in the health challenge offered by my husband’s employer. We’ll save money on our insurance premium. Win!
- I walked for 30 minutes.
- I sent my oldest daughter back to college without breaking down in tears (much). It doesn’t get easier with time or age.
- I decluttered for 15 minutes. Maybe more if you include the desk.
- I made art! I’ve now completed 29 cards for the 52 ATC swap due in September.
Small things to be sure, but all are steps towards the life I envision my me and my family. It’s also a lot more fun to list the things I did rather than the things that are still waiting to be done.
Visual artist playing with collage, assemblage and whatever else I imagine. Homemaker and homeschooling Mom of four children aged 10 to 24. Ready to fully embrace life and leave regret and fear behind. Each new day is an opportunity to love, create and live with intention...